It’s been a couple of weeks since my last blog post. If I’m honest, this pandemic has got me feeling some type of way. I’ve been indoors for two months, and it’s made me realise how much I miss the little things – like going for a swim with my son or going to my besties house around the corner to nick food from her fridge 🙂
Baking through anxiety or uncertainty is nothing new, and Covid-19 has inspired us to eat more and bake more *I see all of you complaining about your waistlines this period – don’t worry, we are in this together* 😉
What started as a way to bond with my son while on lockdown has quickly turned into a hobby. I now enjoy baking – it’s therapeutic. I love the lingering smell it leaves around the house.
I’ve been trying a lot of easy recipes recently and you know I had to share them with you guys!
Easy Short Bread Recipe
- 180g plain flour
- 55g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- Beat the caster sugar and butter until fluffy
- Mix in your flour until you get a smooth paste
- Roll out a flat surface and cut dough into desired shapes
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Then bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes at 190C until golden brown
- Set aside to cool and enjoy your yummy cookies
Have you been baking during the lockdown?
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram – @naomisparlour ❤