Vision Board 2021 – Event Recap

I’ve never been one to jump on new year resolution trends. For me, if I truly wanted to change or achieve something, it really didn’t matter what time of the year it was – I would map out a quick plan and get it done. Over time, I realised this might not be most effective way of doing things. Some things need long-term planning, sometimes you need motivation to help you kick-start earlier.

A few years ago, I stumbled on vision boards and the whole concept behind it piqued my interest. For those who don’t know, a vision board is simply a visual representation of things that motivate you and things you hope to achieve.

Making your vision board is a creative process to help set clear intentions for your goals. 

I had the opportunity to host an event last year (read more about it here), and throughout 2020 despite Covid and lockdown after lockdown, it felt great when some of the ladies who attended reached out to talk about all the things they’d achieved. On a personal level, my vision board also acted as a constant reminder to keep working towards my goals despite what a crazy year it was. I’m proud to say I ticked 90% of the things on my board. Let’s blame Covid restrictions for the remaining 10%. Did anyone actually travel last year??

The pandemic didn’t stop me from hosting an event this year *shout out to the virtual world for still keeping us connected*.

I always get excited when I have the opportunity to bring women together. It was amazing to find that some of the women were from similar backgrounds or had mutual interests. After brief introductions, we talked about things we hope to achieve this year and the things we want to improve on. I shared a few Canva templates, and we all got to create our virtual vision boards.

When creating a vision board, there a number of things to consider:

  • What are you passionate about – interests, goals?
  • What do you wish you had more time for?
  • What have you always wanted to do, but never had the courage?

Another good way to start your vision board process is to map out your goals, break them down into short and long term if needed and figure out what needs prioritising. Remember, your vision board is really whatever you want it to be – are you looking for career growth? want to create more time for yourself? thinking of starting a fitness journey? just want to thrive on vibes? You are in complete control of what goes on your board. Just remember to have fun while creating 🙂

Here are some of the vision boards that were created at the event I hosted.


Don’t forget to put your vision board where you’ll see it every day – frame it up on your wall, put it on your work desk or use it as your phone wallpaper. Not only will it act as a constant reminder, but it’ll help you track your progress all year round. 🙂

I hope you’ve found some of these tips helpful. Wishing you all a wonderful February.

Love and light,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.